East of England Co-op training team among the finalists in the TJ Awards
- Credit: Archant
Regional retailer the East of England Co-op has received two nominations under a national training awards programme.
The Co-op, which has more than 200 outlets in Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex and Cambridgeshire, is among the finalists in both the Learning and Development Team of the Year and the Best Organisational Development Programme categories of the TJ (Training Journal) Awards.
Both nominations are the result of the society's Know How: Leadership programme under which more than 250 managers at varying levels have completed training since its launch in 2015.
Stephen Flurrie, head of learning and development at the East of England Co-op, said: 'The team has built excellent relationships with the business over the last three years through their openness, collaboration and the delivery of some world class training solutions.
'Everything that they deliver is built in collaboration with the relevant departments and practically everything is designed and developed by the team. They've used creativity and innovation, in place of a big budget, to deliver learning that is moving our people forwards and helping to shape the culture of our business.'
You may also want to watch:
The team is also responsible for the East of England Co-op's apprenticeship scheme which launched earlier this year following a successful pilot.
Last year, the team received the Princess Royal Training Award for its Dementia Friendly Retail training programme, which has now been completed by more than 90% of East of England Co-op employees and is being shared with other businesses across the country.
- 1 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 2 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 3 Police break up house party with 28 people crammed into flat
- 4 Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
- 5 Norwich shop worker beaten with hammer in row over phone refund
- 6 Mother still 'grieving' for son who suffered life-changing brain injuries in crash
- 7 Driver stopped by police - 20 minutes after being given court ban
- 8 Teen in serious condition after bank holiday crash
- 9 Hollywood actors use Norwich hair salon
- 10 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
The TJ Awards are due to be announced at a gala dinner ceremony on Tuesday, December 5.