East Coast Truckers get a helpful donation
- Credit: Mike Read
The East Coast Truckers' Children's Charity has been presented with a cheque for £2,500.
The charity was Barton House Railway's charity of the year for 2017.
Jackie Noy, Project manager for the East Coast Truckers was presented with the cheque on Easter Monday. She said: 'The money would be used to help finance the many outings and parties that the Truckers organise for disabled and otherwise disadvantaged children throughout East Anglia.'
Mrs Noy's particular interest as project manager is the free seaside holidays that the Truckers have been running since 2011.
Depending on the availability of either their specially-adapted caravan or chalet accommodation, every year more than 60 families receive a week's holiday at either California Cliffs, Scratby or Vauxhall Holiday Park.
Barton House Railway's chosen charity this year is Chatterbox Talking Newspaper.
- 1 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 2 Seven Sprowston neighbours scoop £30,000 lottery win
- 3 Should cars be banned from Norwich's steepest hill?
- 4 Air ambulance called after three people seriously injured in A47 crash
- 5 Asteroid bigger than any building on Earth to be visible in Norfolk skies
- 6 Pub landlord threatened to kill man he chased through streets with axe
- 7 Car boot sale to return after five years with up to 200 pitches
- 8 What is this mystery tower that has sprung up in Norwich?
- 9 'Man with a van' fined for dumping waste in village
- 10 Council to sell land in 'Chelsea-on-Sea'