East Coast Truckers get a helpful donation
- Credit: Mike Read
The East Coast Truckers' Children's Charity has been presented with a cheque for £2,500.
The charity was Barton House Railway's charity of the year for 2017.
Jackie Noy, Project manager for the East Coast Truckers was presented with the cheque on Easter Monday. She said: 'The money would be used to help finance the many outings and parties that the Truckers organise for disabled and otherwise disadvantaged children throughout East Anglia.'
Mrs Noy's particular interest as project manager is the free seaside holidays that the Truckers have been running since 2011.
Depending on the availability of either their specially-adapted caravan or chalet accommodation, every year more than 60 families receive a week's holiday at either California Cliffs, Scratby or Vauxhall Holiday Park.
You may also want to watch:
Barton House Railway's chosen charity this year is Chatterbox Talking Newspaper.
- 1 Man jailed for seven years over coercive behaviour which left victim 'shattered'
- 2 Six new coronavirus deaths confirmed at Norfolk hospital
- 3 Nine Norfolk schools closed or partly shut due to Covid-19 cases
- 4 'Rare' Norfolk vicarage goes up for sale for £1.1m
- 5 Flood alerts in place across Norfolk
- 6 Fears loss of Arcadia group could have significant impact on Norfolk high streets
- 7 Open all hours? Retailers say no thanks to 24/7 shopping
- 8 Fresh calls for Norfolk to move to tier one ahead of key Commons vote
- 9 Seafront flats plan set for go ahead
- 10 Cannabis factory discovered after police called to burglary