East Coast Truckers get a helpful donation
- Credit: Mike Read
The East Coast Truckers' Children's Charity has been presented with a cheque for £2,500.
The charity was Barton House Railway's charity of the year for 2017.
Jackie Noy, Project manager for the East Coast Truckers was presented with the cheque on Easter Monday. She said: 'The money would be used to help finance the many outings and parties that the Truckers organise for disabled and otherwise disadvantaged children throughout East Anglia.'
Mrs Noy's particular interest as project manager is the free seaside holidays that the Truckers have been running since 2011.
Depending on the availability of either their specially-adapted caravan or chalet accommodation, every year more than 60 families receive a week's holiday at either California Cliffs, Scratby or Vauxhall Holiday Park.
You may also want to watch:
Barton House Railway's chosen charity this year is Chatterbox Talking Newspaper.
- 1 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 2 Go-ahead for eagles to be reintroduced to Norfolk
- 3 Man, 89, was killed by lorry as he headed to his parents' grave
- 4 Former Primark store goes up for rent
- 5 'Absolutely horrific' - Girl, 14, kicked and punched in face in fight
- 6 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 7 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 8 Man kicked and punched in head by group of attackers
- 9 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 10 Woman who got stuck in marshes rescued by coastguards