East Coast Community Healthcare teams up with Red Cross to celebrate nurses’ day
- Credit: Archant
East Coast Community Healthcare (ECCH) joined forces with the Red Cross to mark National Nurses Day with a fundraising celebration.
Two special Red Cross 'HumaniTea' events were held at Beccles Community Hospital and ECCH's Lowestoft headquarters, Hamilton House, last Friday (May 12).
Staff from both organisations enjoyed refreshments and cake during their work breaks and raised £93 for Red Cross projects. Quizzes and games on a nursing theme were organised and certificates were distributed to all ECCH nurses in recognition of their work.
These can be submitted as part of the revalidation process nurses have to complete every three years to demonstrate they practice safely and effectively. National Nurses' Day is marked around the world every year on May 12, the anniversary of Florence Nightingale's birth.
ECCH's chief executive Jonathan Williams, who became a nurse 35 years ago, said: 'This was a great way to celebrate all our nurses, whether they are district and hospital nurses or those who don't necessarily wear uniforms like health visitors and school nurses.
You may also want to watch:
'We recognise what a demanding job nursing is, in all its forms, and this was a way to say thank you and to raise money for the fantastic work of the Red Cross at the same time.'
- 1 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 2 Go-ahead for eagles to be reintroduced to Norfolk
- 3 Man, 89, was killed by lorry as he headed to his parents' grave
- 4 Former Primark store goes up for rent
- 5 'Absolutely horrific' - Girl, 14, kicked and punched in face in fight
- 6 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 7 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 8 Man kicked and punched in head by group of attackers
- 9 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 10 Woman who got stuck in marshes rescued by coastguards