East Coast College Lowestoft campus to host memorial event for Armistice Day
- Credit: East Coast College
The East Coast College Lowestoft Campus will be holding a memorial event to mark the 100th anniverary of the end of the First World War.
A college spokesman said: 'East Coast College is embracing the opportunity to mark the 100-year anniversary of the end of the war.
'As part of the global Battles Over project by local dignitary Bruno Peek, the Lowestoft Campus is hosting a memorial event on Sunday, November 11.
'The college welding students and staff have designed their own beacon, which will be lit as a mark of respect at 7pm. Staff and students will also be reading extracts of poems and local diary entries, with the local DPA choir singing a host of wartime songs.
'Frankie Ayers, from Lowestoft, will also co-ordinate a bugle to tie in with 1000 other buglers across the world and St Margarets Church will be co-ordinating ringing the church bells.'
You may also want to watch:
The college event is open to the local community and hot refreshments will be available on the night. The event will start at 6.15pm with the college opening at 6pm. All are welcome and no booking is required.
- 1 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 2 Fire crews rush to a crash near Norfolk village
- 3 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 4 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 5 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 6 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 7 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’
- 8 Swathes of new homes for village move step closer with new planning bid
- 9 Farm worker fined after hay bales fall off trailer and hit car
- 10 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen