East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices urge people to hold fundraising Diamond Jubilee events
East Anglia's Children's Hospices (Each) is asking its supporters to hold fundraising events to celebrate the Queen's Diamond Jubilee.
Tea parties, cake days and coffee mornings are all being suggested as ways for Each supporters to celebrate the Diamond Jubilee, as well as raise funds and awareness for the children's hospice.
Each has already been celebrating in 2012 after HRH the Duchess of Cambridge became the charity's Royal Patron.
The Duchess officially opened the Treehouse Hospice in Ipswich in March, where she toured the facilities and planted a tree in the hospice's grounds.
Jessica Hiscocks, Norfolk fundraiser at Each, said: 'Any excuse for a party is an excuse to raise money for charity - and we can help you make the most of this wonderful opportunity to get together and feel that fantastic community spirit.
'The money and awareness raised will help us continue to support local life-threatened children and their families.
'These parties and coffee mornings can only be positive in raising awareness in the local community and funds towards the work of Each.'
- 1 Holiday Inn to become 'care hotel' to help struggling hospitals
- 2 One of East Anglia's largest property builders is sold to investment firm
- 3 Body found in the sea at Great Yarmouth
- 4 People are driving for hours to visit this loaded fries and doughnut kiosk
- 5 Norwich firm part of growing number of businesses working four day weeks
- 6 War-time bomb lay dormant for 80 years before exploding under fishing boat
- 7 A year on: Tributes to teacher who died following tumour diagnosis
- 8 Arrive by boat at new Norfolk wedding venue
- 9 John Lewis CCTV footage leads to Norwich gun arrests
- 10 1920s bungalow up for sale in one of the Broads' most sought-after villages
A fundraising pack has been put together, including hints and tips such as recipe and games ideas, and ways to add a fundraising element to the day.
To get a pack, call the fundraising office on 01953 715559, email email@example.com or go to www.each.org.uk/jubilee