Earsham care home put up for health care design award
- Credit: Cygnet Care
A care home development has been put forward for a national award.
In 2014 Cygnet Care began an ambitious project at The Moorings Residential home based in Earsham which was completed in March last year.
Their work has seen them put forward to the final of the Pinders Healthcare Design Award.
The nationally recognised award acknowledges the contribution of architects and owners of care homes to the well being and quality of life for those in care.
As part of their nomination they received an award and a cheque for £500 which was donated to the Nelsons Journey charity.
You may also want to watch:
The Moorings project included 22 extra bedrooms all with access to the garden views of the Waveney Valley.
The plans also featured two lounges, a cafe, a garden room and landscaped gardens with paths around the building including a courtyard garden
- 1 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 2 Pretty thatched cafe business on Broads for sale for £75,000
- 3 Anger as woodland used as 'playground and dustbin'
- 4 Giant Victorian underground reservoir marks supplying city for 150 years
- 5 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 6 Report into woman's murder by jealous ex: 'Employers must do more'
- 7 Homes plan to be revealed for former infant school
- 8 First look at five new homes released for sale at popular site in Taverham
- 9 Former village pub for sale as home
- 10 Norwich City star tipped to reject move to Tottenham
The final will take place in London on March 15.