Eagle eyed celebrity spotters boost Cromer based disability charity About with Friends
- Credit: Archant
Some celebrity spotting has provided a funding boost for a Cromer based disability support charity.
A Facebook competition to guess the identity of carefully disguised celeb photos raised more the £600 for About with Friends.
Ann Lown - ably assisted by husband Malcolm - invited her Facebook friends to take part.
Each time an answer was guessed correctly, Mrs Lown put a pound in the pot and asked the guesser to do the same.
She dropped visted About with Friends to hand over a cheque for £603 which will be used towards decorating and kitting out the charity's new unit for members who need a little extra support.
You may also want to watch:
The building will include a games room; sensory room; chill-out zone; and kitchen area. Some of the money has already been used to buy some canvas prints of the members.
It is the third year that Mrs Lown has raised money amongst her family and friends for About with Friends.
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Roadside restaurant aiming to re-open before Christmas
- 3 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 4 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 5 Seal charity to take 'unprecendented' action to protect Norfolk seal colony
- 6 Two people arrested during police operation in south Norfolk
- 7 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 8 Furious Scout group demands apology from council in unpaid rents saga
- 9 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 10 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
This has included mystery places, mystery objects and last but not least mystery celebs.