Eagle eyed celebrity spotters boost Cromer based disability charity About with Friends
- Credit: Archant
Some celebrity spotting has provided a funding boost for a Cromer based disability support charity.
A Facebook competition to guess the identity of carefully disguised celeb photos raised more the £600 for About with Friends.
Ann Lown - ably assisted by husband Malcolm - invited her Facebook friends to take part.
Each time an answer was guessed correctly, Mrs Lown put a pound in the pot and asked the guesser to do the same.
She dropped visted About with Friends to hand over a cheque for £603 which will be used towards decorating and kitting out the charity's new unit for members who need a little extra support.
You may also want to watch:
The building will include a games room; sensory room; chill-out zone; and kitchen area. Some of the money has already been used to buy some canvas prints of the members.
It is the third year that Mrs Lown has raised money amongst her family and friends for About with Friends.
- 1 Revealed: The areas where Covid cases are still increasing
- 2 Man admits defrauding more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm
- 3 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 4 Man seriously injured after crash
- 5 'A lot of tears' as care home announces closure with 30 jobs lost
- 6 Shocking CCTV shows carer abusing woman with dementia
- 7 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 8 Serial 'dine and dash' conman who fled hotels without paying is jailed
- 9 Six people arrested after man in 50s was stabbed in Norwich
- 10 Norfolk bowls star tests positive at world indoor championships
This has included mystery places, mystery objects and last but not least mystery celebs.