EACH’s sponsor a brick initiative to launch at the Royal Norfolk Show
- Credit: Nick Butcher
East Anglia's Children's Hospices (EACH) is asking supporters to help apply the finishing touches to its nook appeal and, in doing so, leave a lasting legacy at its new Norfolk hospice.
The nook appeal has just surpassed the £8 million mark and EACH wants to generate a large part of the remaining funds through a new campaign called Pave the Path.
Pave the Path is your chance to sponsor a red clay brick that will line the garden path and be laid once building of the nook is complete.
Tal Williams, EACH Community Fundraiser for the nook, said: 'Building of the nook is well under way and we need your support to finish! The nook will transform the care we can provide to families and by sponsoring a brick lining the garden path you will be investing in the future of children's palliative care for years to come.'
The nook will host a new range of services which are currently unavailable at the Quidenham site, where EACH has been based for 25 years.
The new building will include a larger care area and more space for clinical care, as well as social spaces for art and crafts, as well as a hydrotherapy pool.
They will also now have a state-of-the-art sensory room, new therapy rooms and a music studio, as well as more outdoor areas for children and young people to play.
- 1 Doctors baffled by teenager's horrific long Covid symptoms
- 2 Norfolk man amongst UK's 12 most wanted
- 3 'Once in a lifetime catch' - man lands monster fish in Norfolk
- 4 Council leader arrested after suspected drink driving on Christmas Day
- 5 Music-loving dad whose ashes were fired into festival crowd took own life
- 6 Revealed: Travelodge behind multi-million pound hotel development
- 7 Pub near Dereham has its first winners of steak-eating challenge
- 8 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 9 Man threatened to petrol bomb ex-partner's home
- 10 Man who survived motorcycle crash died from Covid, inquest told
Bricks are 210x105x65mm and sponsors can have a name of their choice engraved over two lines – up to 15 characters on each line including spaces and punctuation.
There are two sponsorship options. A brick with black lettering is £100 and a brick with gold lettering £150.
Pave the Path will run from its launch at the Royal Norfolk Show on June 27 and 28, until early 2019 or, as there are limited bricks available, until all have sponsors.
For full details go to www.each.org.uk/pave-the-path.
Visitors to the Royal Norfolk Show can also find out more by going to the EACH stand.
To find out more about the nook, visit www.each.org.uk/the-nook.