Fundraisers to take 50ft abseil challenge
- Credit: EACH
Charity supporters with a head for heights will soon have the chance to abseil down an iconic Norwich building.
Those taking the 50ft (15m) plunge down the side of the Forum on Friday, September 14 will be raising money for East Anglia's Children's Hospices (EACH).
Emma Benstead, EACH Norfolk events fundraiser, said: 'We're really excited to be holding an abseil at the iconic Forum building for the second year running - I know participants are assured of some spectacular rooftop views.
'Last year's event sold out and we raised over £10,000, and we're hoping for the same fantastic result again this year.
'Places are obviously limited, so please make sure you book early to avoid disappointment. We've various time slots available between 9am and 5pm.'
The Forum is home to the BBC's regional headquarters as well as the busiest public library in the country. It holds a range of free community events.
Those taking part must be aged 12 or older. Entry is £5, but all participants will have a sponsorship target of £100.
- 1 'God's waiting room' - Norfolk town is country's pensioner hotspot
- 2 'It's just not viable anymore' - Pub near Great Yarmouth closes
- 3 Lloyds to close bank in Norwich suburb
- 4 'He could've gone all the way' - Mum's tribute to aspiring boxer, 19
- 5 Norfolk worst area in UK for uninsured and untaxed drivers
- 6 Tyson Fury is making a comeback to Gorleston
- 7 Readers reveal top 10 fish and chips - but the battle is on for top spot
- 8 Police called to 'altercation' between pupils at Norfolk school
- 9 Two Norfolk spots named among best places in Britain for a weekend break
- 10 World War Two aircraft to fly over Norfolk's skies
Online registration closes at 12pm on Thursday, September 13.
The event is being sponsored by Roarr! Dinosaur Adventure and supported by Sportspark, so all money raised will help EACH continue caring for children and young people with life-threatening conditions, and supporting their families.
To sign up, go to www.each.org.uk/abseil. For more information, call EACH's Norfolk fundraising office on 01953 666767 or email firstname.lastname@example.org