New ‘ultimate 5k’ to give runners air ambulance experience
- Credit: EAAA
Foam, paint, lasers, winder machines, inflatables - and a 5k run.
That is what is in store for those taking part in the East Anglian Air Ambulance's (EAAA) latest fundraising drive, a nighttime five kilometre run.
Named the Neon Night Mission, it will take place on Saturday, October 13, at 6pm in Norwich's Earlham Park.
EAAA is a charity providing a life-saving helicopter emergency medical service for the people of East Anglia. Each of their crews consist of two pilots, one doctor and a critical care paramedic.
The crew take advanced critical care directly to patients who have suffered life-threatening or life-changing accidents or medical emergencies.
You may also want to watch:
The aim of this ultimate 5k is to celebrate EAAA being one of the first air ambulances in the country to fly to unlit sites at night and the crews who overcome various challenges using night vision systems to safely land the helicopter and get the experts to the scene.
Runners can feel a part of that for the night as the event is themed all around their missions.
- 1 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area
- 2 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 3 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 4 Former car showroom could make way for 146 student flats
- 5 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 6 Former pubs, schools and leisure centres among arson-hit sites
- 7 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 8 Why teacher was right to report Confederate flag to police
- 9 'This is nature' - Sadness as cathedral peregrine chick dies
- 10 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
Those taking part will go through five mission areas - turning themselves EAAA colours (red and yellow) in the paint zone, running through the downdraft (wind machine), using night vision to navigate through the dark (green light tunnel), navigating the low cloud (foam area) and finishing up in the landing zone – it's going to be a bouncy ride.
The event is open to anyone over the age of 12, and EAAA is expecting a sell-out.
Early bird prices range from £16.50 up to £25, by selecting a minimum sponsorship ticket the aim is to raise a minimum of £50 for EAAA.
For the full range of prices visit the website www.neonnightmission.co.uk or go to the Facebook page Neon Night Mission – The Ultimate 5k.
Catrina Laskey, events manager for EAAA said; 'This event is going to be something new for EAAA and the local area, with a mix-up of all the most exciting elements of a fun run. The best part is that by taking part and having a fantastic evening out you will be raising funds for EAAA and helping our crew get out to more patients, saving more lives. What could be more satisfying? And fun of course! We hope to see you all there, dressed head to toe in neon.'
For more information on the work of East Anglian Air Ambulance, visit www.eaaa.org.uk or call 03450 669 999.