Dutch man extradited over Norfolk and Suffolk child abuse claims
A 66-year-old former teacher is due to appear before magistrates' tomorrow on child sex abuse charges after extradited from Holland.
The accusations date back to the 1970s and 1980s and are alleged to involve the former St George's School which was based at Wicklewood, near Wymondham, and then at Great Finborough, near Stowmarket.
The Dutch national, who has not yet been named by police, is due to summonsed to South East Suffolk Magistrates Court in Ipswich, where he will be formally charged.
He appeared before the District Court of Amsterdam on October 3 last year when Suffolk and Norfolk detectives from the joint major investigation team made a successful application for his extradition.
The former teacher at the private school, which no longer exists, was arrested on August 17 in Holland after a European Arrest Warrant was issued.
Senior Investigating Officer Det Insp Adrian Randall said: 'This is part of an ongoing legal process and it has taken time for today's extradition to happen. Criminal proceedings will commence in this country, now this individual has entered the UK.'
- 1 Hermes courier and his wife could be jailed over ‘stolen parcels’
- 2 Obituary: Tributes after 'heart-shaped hole' is left following teaching assistant's death
- 3 Row erupts after dozens of trees aligning footpath chopped down
- 4 How Norfolk's current Covid figures compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of sexually assaulting girl on her way to school
- 6 Christmas lights switch-on cancelled due to forecasted high winds
- 7 Freezing cold temperatures could see snow in parts of Norfolk this weekend
- 8 Winter Wonderland coming to park with ice slide, donkeys and reindeer
- 9 Fire crews tackle large barn blaze
- 10 Primary pupil sexually assaulted on way to school