Duke will be special guest at King John Cup charity dinner in King’s Lynn
- Credit: IAN BURT
The Duke of Edinburgh will be the special guest at a charity dinner in King's Lynn tonight.
The High Sheriff of Norfolk and the Mayor West Norfolk are jointly hosting the special King John Cup Dinner at Lynn Town Hall.
It will raise money for the High Sheriff's fund Nourishing Norfolk Together and the Mayor's charity West Norfolk Young Carers.
The guest speaker for the evening is Let's Talk Magazine's columnist Carol Bundock.
Guests at the black-tie event have paid a minimum of £100 per ticket to attend. The proceeds from the dinner will be divided between the two charities.
You may also want to watch:
High Sheriff Henry Cator said: 'It is a huge honour that His Royal Highness has agreed to attend the King John Cup Dinner as it means so much to local people.
'We have organised a splendid dinner cooked by two Countesses with local food generously given by so many local suppliers and estates. It promises to be a very light hearted and amusing event.
- 1 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 2 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 3 Nurse's 'heartbreak' over hospital care as her father dies on Covid ward
- 4 Councillor 'incandescent' over second-home owners breaking Covid rules
- 5 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 6 Deputy lieutenant of Norfolk sells beloved thatched Broads home
- 7 'I've lost my pension': Car collection destroyed by 'professional' vandal
- 8 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 9 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 10 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?
'My year as High Sheriff has been a very humbling experience as I have met so many wonderful volunteers who freely and generously give of their time to so many good causes throughout the county. I am enormously grateful to those who have given to the High Sheriff's Nourishing Norfolk Together fund.'
Mayor Geoffrey Wareham added: 'I am delighted at the response we've had to this dinner and at the generosity of our guests. I am very much looking forward to meeting our guests tomorrow evening and thanking them for their support.'