Duke of Edinburgh to spend fourth night away from Queen’s Norfolk home
The Duke of Edinburgh missed the Royal Family's annual Boxing Day shoot at Sandringham yesterday as he remained in hospital following a heart scare.
Prince Philip, 90, was admitted to Papworth Hospital, Cambridgeshire, on Friday night after complaining of chest pains.
He underwent treatment for a blocked coronary artery and was kept in hospital as a precaution.
The Duke had hoped to be discharged from hospital in time for yesterday's shoot, but was expected to remain in hospital for a fourth night.
Despite the setback, he was said to be in good spirits.
You may also want to watch:
A Buckingham Palace spokesman said: 'The Duke of Edinburgh continues to make good progress from the procedure. He remains in hospital under observation and in good spirits.'
Following tests, doctors discovered a blocked artery and he underwent a 'minimally invasive procedure of coronary stenting', which was declared a success, but he has been kept in so doctors can keep a close eye on his recovery.
- 1 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 2 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 3 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
- 4 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 5 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 6 Safety review promised as cyclist killed in crash is named
- 7 Garage owner has five months to clear site or face jail
- 8 Music-lovers' pub could be demolished for 23 flats
- 9 Firefighters tackle 'deliberate' house fire
- 10 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area
This is the most serious health scare suffered by the Duke, who is known for being robust and active.
The Queen is being briefed on her husband's condition continually and no date for his discharge from hospital has been set.