Duke and Duchess of Cambridge could leave Norfolk home to return to London
- Credit: PA
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge could be set to leave their Norfolk home and return to London next year, making Kensington Palace their full-time residence.
Prince William and Kate moved into the 10-bedroom Anmer Hall, on the Sandringham Estate, three years ago when they became parents - with the aim of giving their children as normal a childhood as possible.
But it has been reported the family will look to move in 2017, after deciding Prince George should be schooled in London.
The move would see the pair also take on more royal duties, with the Duke considering giving up his career as a helicopter pilot with the East Anglian Air Ambulance - where his two-year piloting contract comes to an end in March - to take up a full-time public role.
A source told the Daily Telegraph: 'The Duke, in particular, has a lot of thinking to do over the Christmas and New Year period.
You may also want to watch:
'He has his job as an Air Ambulance pilot, which he enjoys very much, but he also wants to take on more royal duties, as does the Duchess.
'Decisions about schooling and nurseries are all part of that.'
- 1 Norfolk fuel update: Football match called off as crisis reaches day five
- 2 Former DJ and worker at Norfolk school was a 'deviant sexual predator'
- 3 Seaside restaurant hit with zero food hygiene rating
- 4 Police probe launched after video shows officer kick out
- 5 Latest situation on fuel sees more queues despite continued assurances
- 6 Nine ways to make your fuel last and avoid joining petrol station queues
- 7 Week's worth of fuel gone in hours at village filling station
- 8 Dad who threw daughter into cot cleared of murder
- 9 Aldi to open 100 new stores with eyes on towns in Norfolk
- 10 Why are there queues for petrol - and do you really need to fill up?
It is understood that Prince George's name has been put down for the £6,500-a-term Wetherby School in London, the pre-prep school attended by the young Princes William and Harry.
And while officially there has been no final decision on schooling, the Duchess is said to be privately resigned to moving back to London.