Ducks on sale for Beccles Duck Race
DUCKS are getting out and about in various shops and locations around Beccles over the next few weeks, eagerly awaiting their new owners to take them home so that 'training' can commence for the 2011 Beccles Duck Race.
The race is on September 11, 11am to 5pm at Beccles Quay.
The committee has another packed event planned and are asking people to get online to download an application form ahead of the big day, to either get a new duck or relaunch tag.
The Corporate Ducks are sponsored by Hawkins Bazaar, and will be displayed on the day in all their refinery with a chance to win 'best dressed'. They will take part in the Eric Crisp Memorial race.
Sellers will stocking ducks in and around Beccles over the next few weeks. They are �2 each if bought with a duck from last year's event, and �1 for re-launch tags.
You may also want to watch:
Participants are also being invited to take a photo of their dressed-up duck and send it to the race team to be displayed on their website.
There will be various displays on the day and entertainment supplied by Chevron Disco, who will also be on a boat during the race with a swimming commentary.
- 1 Norfolk fuel update: Football match called off as crisis reaches day five
- 2 Former DJ and worker at Norfolk school was a 'deviant sexual predator'
- 3 Week's worth of fuel gone in hours at village filling station
- 4 Police probe launched after video shows officer kick out
- 5 Seaside restaurant hit with zero food hygiene rating
- 6 Nine ways to make your fuel last and avoid joining petrol station queues
- 7 NASA rocket spotted over Norfolk
- 8 Why are there queues for petrol - and do you really need to fill up?
- 9 Fuel shortages are on those who panicked - don't just blame the media
- 10 Norfolk Broads' village in £150,000 bid to buy land at auction
There will be food stalls, including a burger stall run by Beccles Lions, and ice creams.
Last year the proceeds of the event, which is organised by Beccles Sea Cadets, helped youth organisations and schools in the Beccles area.
If you would like to help on the day please call Loraine on 07773 493160 or for more information or to download an application form visit www.becclesduckrace.org
If you have dressed-up a duck already why not upload a photo or video of it below.