Duchess of Cambridge spotted in Holt
- Credit: Chloe Nelson
The Duchess of Cambridge, Catherine Middleton, has graced a north Norfolk town to pick up some shopping.
Shoppers in the busy Georgian market town of Holt spotted the Duchess in the High Street on Thursday afternoon .
Chloe Nelson who co-owns Nelson's Eye Patch in the town spotted the Duchess of Cambridge in the town's High Street just after 1pm.
She said: 'She looked lovely in a tartan cape as she left the Antiques Emporium and headed up the high street, what a great ambassador for shopping in local independent shops.'
She added that it did not look like anyone else was with the Duchess other than a bodyguard but added that she had 'quite a few bags'.
You may also want to watch:
It is not the first time the Duchess has visited the town, last year she visited the Mews Antique Emporium, which sells antique furniture, clothing, books and collectables, with a group of friends. Shoppers in Fakenham also spotted her leaving an antiques store.
Earlier this week the Duchess was greeted by ecstatic schoolchildren as she arrived at the Norfolk Showground on Tuesday to help EACH launch a £10 million appeal to build a new hospice, called The Nook, for seriously ill Norfolk children. Catherine is the charity's Royal Patron.
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 3 Norfolk hit by flooding as storms reach the county
- 4 Two people arrested during police operation in south Norfolk
- 5 Roadside restaurant aiming to re-open before Christmas
- 6 'A lovely talented man': Tributes to Cromer Pier Show headliner Phil Butler
- 7 Norwich man convicted of murder boasts of mutilating 'up to 30' cats
- 8 Banham Poultry taken over by owner of Bernard Matthews and 2 Sisters
- 9 Two men arrested on suspicion of money laundering in Thetford
- 10 Patients speak out as surgeon who botched surgeries still working
The Royal Family has close links with Norfolk, with Anmer Hall on the Sandringham estate having undergone a revamp – fuelling speculation the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge would use the mansion house as a country retreat.
Did you see the Duchess of Cambridge out and about in Holt? If so email email@example.com