Suspected drunk-driver nearly three times over the limit crashes into pedestrian and cyclist
- Credit: Archant
A suspected drink-driver has been arrested on Ber Street, Norwich, after mounting the pavement and crashing into a pedestrian and cyclist.
Police said the driver, who was in a white Ford Focus, was nearly three times over the drink-drive limit when breathalysed. He was still in custody today.
The incident happened at around 6pm on Sunday.
The cyclist was uninjured but the male pedestrian was taken to Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital. Their condition is unknown.
On Twitter PC Dan Taylor said: 'Drink driver just arrested on Ber Street for crashing his car into a pedestrian & cyclist. Blew 90, limit is 35! #Arrested #BeyondBelief.'
Anyone with information about the incident should contact PC 1806 Gardiner at Bethel Street Police Station or call 101.
Elsewhere in Norwich, a suspected drink-driver was successfully stopped by stinger deployment in Hall Road, after the driver failed to stop on Kett's Hill.
- 1 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 2 WATCH: 'Unplayable' delivery from Suffolk bowler goes viral
- 3 Men fined more than £600 for fishing illegally
- 4 A47 clears following long delays after four-vehicle crash
- 5 Farmer says cousin's wedding venue will bring 'criminal activity'
- 6 The best places to eat in north Norfolk according to The Good Food Guide
- 7 9 of the best campsites on the Norfolk coast
- 8 Green light for new Sainsbury's store on 850-home estate
- 9 Factory worker was found dead at home, court told
- 10 Norwich man wins jackpot on BBC game show Pointless
The driver was unharmed in the incident, at 9.15pm on Sunday.