Suspected drunk-driver nearly three times over the limit crashes into pedestrian and cyclist
- Credit: Archant
A suspected drink-driver has been arrested on Ber Street, Norwich, after mounting the pavement and crashing into a pedestrian and cyclist.
Police said the driver, who was in a white Ford Focus, was nearly three times over the drink-drive limit when breathalysed. He was still in custody today.
The incident happened at around 6pm on Sunday.
The cyclist was uninjured but the male pedestrian was taken to Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital. Their condition is unknown.
On Twitter PC Dan Taylor said: 'Drink driver just arrested on Ber Street for crashing his car into a pedestrian & cyclist. Blew 90, limit is 35! #Arrested #BeyondBelief.'
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information about the incident should contact PC 1806 Gardiner at Bethel Street Police Station or call 101.
Elsewhere in Norwich, a suspected drink-driver was successfully stopped by stinger deployment in Hall Road, after the driver failed to stop on Kett's Hill.
- 1 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 2 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 3 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
- 4 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 5 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 6 Safety review promised as cyclist killed in crash is named
- 7 Garage owner has five months to clear site or face jail
- 8 Music-lovers' pub could be demolished for 23 flats
- 9 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area
- 10 Firefighters tackle 'deliberate' house fire
The driver was unharmed in the incident, at 9.15pm on Sunday.