Drone mobilised but then stood down after car goes into ditch
- Credit: Archant
Investigations are ongoing after a car ended up in a ditch at Welney.
Emergency services, including fire and police, were called after a crash on the A1101 at just after 4.20am today (Saturday, October 13) where a car ended up going into a ditch
The car was found to be empty and a Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service drone was mobilised to help police find the driver.
A spokesman in the Norfolk Police control room said the drone was requested because there was 'a concern' about the whereabouts of the driver at that point.
However the drone was 'stood down' after the driver was traced and spoken to.
You may also want to watch:
The spokesman said enquiries were 'ongoing' as to what happened and how the car ended up in the ditch.
The A1101 at Welney is a place susceptible to flooding and in 2016 the road was closed for more than a week after days of heavy rainfall led to water levels rising to three metres in some places.
- 1 Man jailed for 24 years for raping and sexually assaulting two girls
- 2 Missing man found by off-duty police officer
- 3 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 4 £5m roadworks on A47 cause delays - and months more to come
- 5 Man charged after cannabis factory and 300 plants found above pizza takeaway
- 6 Road cleared after three-vehicle collision on A47
- 7 Early hours arrests as part of 'ongoing police investigation'
- 8 Three Norfolk hotels named among the best for romance in the UK
- 9 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 10 Pub boss struggling to recruit ahead of lockdown lifting