Drone photos reveal scale of major high street blaze
- Credit: Archant
A drone pilot has captured dramatic images of a high street building being ravaged by fire.
Beijing Diner, a Chinese restaurant in Watton High Street, went up in flames just before 2.40pm on Thursday, February 7 after a fire reportedly broke out in the kitchen.
Nine fire crews and more than 20 firefighters fought the blaze at the restaurant for several hours, and remained on scene on Friday morning after the building was deemed unsafe. The road was also kept closed.
The fire spread across the roof, damaging three businesses inside the building.
Sinclair Maynard, 40, of Langmere Road, in Watton, flew his drone near the scene, capturing the efforts of the emergency services.
You may also want to watch:
He said: "I think the situation, however it started, is very sad for all involved.
"I never know whether to get my drone up out of respect but if I document it then it's there if needed."
- 1 Missing man found by off-duty police officer
- 2 £5m roadworks on A47 cause delays - and months more to come
- 3 Man jailed for 24 years for raping and sexually assaulting two girls
- 4 Three Norfolk hotels named among the best for romance in the UK
- 5 Village rounds on council over 'disgraceful' road resurfacing that covered cycle lanes and blocked drains
- 6 Man charged after cannabis factory and 300 plants found above pizza takeaway
- 7 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 8 Road cleared after three-vehicle collision on A47
- 9 Early hours arrests as part of 'ongoing police investigation'
- 10 Pub boss struggling to recruit ahead of lockdown lifting