Drone photos reveal scale of major high street blaze
- Credit: Archant
A drone pilot has captured dramatic images of a high street building being ravaged by fire.
Beijing Diner, a Chinese restaurant in Watton High Street, went up in flames just before 2.40pm on Thursday, February 7 after a fire reportedly broke out in the kitchen.
Nine fire crews and more than 20 firefighters fought the blaze at the restaurant for several hours, and remained on scene on Friday morning after the building was deemed unsafe. The road was also kept closed.
The fire spread across the roof, damaging three businesses inside the building.
Sinclair Maynard, 40, of Langmere Road, in Watton, flew his drone near the scene, capturing the efforts of the emergency services.
You may also want to watch:
He said: "I think the situation, however it started, is very sad for all involved.
"I never know whether to get my drone up out of respect but if I document it then it's there if needed."
- 1 When can I go to the beach? Lockdown travel questions answered
- 2 Photos show RAF centre being visited by ‘beast’ of an aircraft
- 3 Driver fined after leaving queue before entering Co-Op
- 4 New mass vaccination centre opening in Norfolk
- 5 'Stay local' warning and visitors fined after hundreds head to Sea Palling
- 6 Mum sets up sideline selling jewellery made from breast milk
- 7 Cottage project that is a 'step back in time' coming under hammer
- 8 Revealed: Adult vaccination rates are lower in some areas of Norfolk
- 9 Police fine 39 second-homers and day-trippers in resort crackdown
- 10 Restaurants and pubs reopening outdoors in April