Drivers urged to avoid Bracondale this weekend after damage to road discovered
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
Drivers are being advised to avoid coming into the city via Bracondale between the County Hall roundabout and King Street over the weekend due to emergency repairs.
Damage was discovered around a manhole cover near the bus stop on the city-bound side of the road around 2.30pm today, and barriers have been erected.
The area is passable by traffic, but Norwich City Council are warning drivers to avoid the affected section of Bracondale if at all possible.
Motorists are advised to use alternate routes which the responsible utility owner is located, and repairs can be undertaken.
It is not clear at this stage when the section of road will be re-opened, as repairs are not the responsibility of the city council.
You may also want to watch:
Suggested alternative routes include Hall Road and Long John Hill. Follow @NorwichCC on Twitter for updates throughout the weekend.
- 1 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 3 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 4 'Glagoon' returns to Norfolk beach and locals are loving it
- 5 Appeal to identify man, around 75, who died in medical episode
- 6 Gilmour advised to quit City for Rangers loan return
- 7 Norwich mum and daughter duo shed 12st
- 8 ATM containing thousands of pounds stolen from petrol station
- 9 Family pays tribute to man killed after collision with double-decker bus
- 10 Former factory site to become a new church