Drivers urged to avoid Bracondale this weekend after damage to road discovered
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
Drivers are being advised to avoid coming into the city via Bracondale between the County Hall roundabout and King Street over the weekend due to emergency repairs.
Damage was discovered around a manhole cover near the bus stop on the city-bound side of the road around 2.30pm today, and barriers have been erected.
The area is passable by traffic, but Norwich City Council are warning drivers to avoid the affected section of Bracondale if at all possible.
Motorists are advised to use alternate routes which the responsible utility owner is located, and repairs can be undertaken.
It is not clear at this stage when the section of road will be re-opened, as repairs are not the responsibility of the city council.
You may also want to watch:
Suggested alternative routes include Hall Road and Long John Hill. Follow @NorwichCC on Twitter for updates throughout the weekend.
- 1 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 2 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 3 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 4 Floral tributes left to driver killed in A148 crash
- 5 Jailed in Norfolk: Burglars, domestic abuse and threats to kill
- 6 Driver escapes serious injury after 4x4 flips onto roof
- 7 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 8 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 9 Man who felt lonely caught drink-driving, court hears
- 10 IN PICTURES: The businesses still going strong in lockdown