Drivers stuck in Brandon town centre as level crossing barriers fail to raise
- Credit: Archant
Drivers are facing delays this morning after the barriers at Brandon level crossing got stuck.
A spokesperson for Network Rail said they had been alerted to the incident at the crossing in High Street at 7.45am.
The barriers were down with their lights flashing in the 'safest position', the spokesperson said.
The stuck barriers meant long queues formed in the town on the A1065.
Norfolk Police and the British Transport Police were also informed.
You may also want to watch:
A Network Rail operations manager attended and fixed the fault, and the level crossing was operating normally by 8.55am.
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 Couple fined £400 for digging up 8,000 Norfolk bluebells
- 3 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 4 Hundreds more trees on route of Norwich NDR have died
- 5 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 6 950-home bid takes step forward after £7m developer contribution agreed
- 7 'I remember shutting down' - Singer on cancer diagnosis at Norfolk hospital
- 8 Woman left 'penniless' while waiting five weeks for first pension payment
- 9 What does the ice-cream man do during winter?
- 10 Two Norfolk hotels named among the best in the country