Drivers facing delays as one month of roadworks begin along the A47
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press ©2004
Drivers should expect delays one of the region's major roads starting from tonight.
The Highways Agency has warned there could be slight delays at a number of points on the A47 due to improvement work.
Work will begin from 7pm between Mill Lane and Fox Lane at Hockering, near Dereham.
There will be lane closures while teams get to work at two points on that stretch.
The Highways Agency has said there could be delays of up to 10 minutes from 7pm to around 7.15am each night until April 8.
White lining work will also commence between Acle and Rudham from 8am until 6am until Saturday, March 12.
Norfolk County Council will also be running roadworks at Dereham's Tavern Lane and Yaxham Road junction for five nights from tonight.
- 1 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 2 A47 reopens after serious crash
- 3 Meet the man behind a morbid new craze
- 4 New operators take over at council-owned leisure centre
- 5 Air ambulance called after three people seriously injured in A47 crash
- 6 Should cars be banned from Norwich's steepest hill?
- 7 Long stretch of A47 closed overnight due to crash
- 8 Norfolk pub gets booked up every Sunday for its roast dinner platters
- 9 Custom-built six-bedroom home with indoor slide on the market for £900,000
- 10 Norwich venue offering Afternoon Cheese and it looks incredible
Three-way traffic lights will be in place 7pm to 7am while the work, which has cost £8,000, is carried out.
The news of the potential delays comes after a busy weekend on the region's roads with emergency services being called to a number of incidents.
Police warned motorists to drive to the conditions after the county was hit by a flurry of snow.
A car came off the A149 road between Cromer and North Walsham, near Thorpe Market, in slippery conditions yesterday at around 8.30am.
Snow and hail combined to make driving conditions treacherous in places. And, as the snow melted, flood water left behind on the road was also proving a hazard.
On Saturday morning the A47 eastbound carriageway was closed near Easton after a vehicle span out of control in lane one and crashed.
It happened at around 10.50am but police said nobody was reported to have been injured.
Meanwhile a car and a bicycle crashed in Norwich, with an elderly man sustaining injuries.
It happened at the junction of Magdalen Road with Waterloo Road at around 11am.
An ambulance attended and it is understood that an elderly man sustained a hip injury.
Another cyclist suffered minor injuries after he was involved in an incident in Great Yarmouth.
The East of England Ambulance Service were called out at 3.53pm on Saturday following reports of a collision.
A spokesman for the East of England Ambulance Service Trust said: 'An ambulance was called to a road traffic incident involving a cyclist off Caister Road in Great Yarmouth.
'The patient was a young man with minor injuries. He was assessed and discharged from the scene.'