Drivers face delays near Norwich after collision on A47
- Credit: Archant
Drivers are facing delays after a collision involving two vehicles blocked a major road near Norwich.
Police were called to the A47 at the Postwick junction this morning (Monday, August 19) after reports of a two vehicle collision blocking the road.
Officers attended the incident, which saw the westbound lane blocked and the ambulance service called, at 8.25am.
A Norfolk Police spokeswoman said the collision wasn't being treated as serious, and had resulted in damage to the vehicles.
"Ambulance were called to the scene [where] one lane is blocked," she said.
You may also want to watch:
"The cars were quite badly damaged [but] one lane is still moving.
"There were no injuries.
- 1 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 2 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 3 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 4 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 5 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 6 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
- 7 Blind woman 'humiliated' as restaurant turns her away due to her guide dog
- 8 Councils could spend millions to buy former Aviva office for new HQ
- 9 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
- 10 Four-car crash leaves pregnant woman in hospital
"Recovery were requested and are on the scene now, with one lane still blocked.
There were reportedly delays of up to 40 minutes for drivers heading westbound towards Dereham on the A47, with queues from Brundall to Trowse, earlier this morning.