Drivers can expect delays in Norwich as £130,000 worth of roadworks gets underway this weekend
Drivers can expect more delays in Norwich from this weekend as a programme of roadworks gets underway.
Norfolk County Council said surface treatment work, costing £130,000, will begin on Sunday, August 13 at the following locations:
• August 13 to 20: A1042 Yarmouth Road/Ring Road adjacent to Sainsbury's.
• August 14 to 15: A1242 Yarmouth Road, Thunder Lane to Harvey Lane.
• August 16: A1042 Mousehold Lane, Wroxham Road to Corbet Avenue.
You may also want to watch:
• August 17: A1042 Roundtree Way junction
The council said the work will extend the life of the existing asphalt surface, adding: 'It will defer the need to use the normal surface dressing process for a few years.'
- 1 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 2 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 3 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 4 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 5 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 6 Revealed: The cheapest towns in Norfolk to buy a home
- 7 'Embarrassing' - City fans ask questions of Farke after Chelsea thrashing
- 8 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
- 9 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 10 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
The work will be carried overnight and is expected to take six nights to complete, depending on the weather.
The council said access to businesses and properties will be maintained but there could be disruption.