Drivers can expect delays in Norwich as £130,000 worth of roadworks gets underway this weekend
Drivers can expect more delays in Norwich from this weekend as a programme of roadworks gets underway.
Norfolk County Council said surface treatment work, costing £130,000, will begin on Sunday, August 13 at the following locations:
• August 13 to 20: A1042 Yarmouth Road/Ring Road adjacent to Sainsbury's.
• August 14 to 15: A1242 Yarmouth Road, Thunder Lane to Harvey Lane.
• August 16: A1042 Mousehold Lane, Wroxham Road to Corbet Avenue.
You may also want to watch:
• August 17: A1042 Roundtree Way junction
The council said the work will extend the life of the existing asphalt surface, adding: 'It will defer the need to use the normal surface dressing process for a few years.'
- 1 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 2 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 3 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 4 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 5 Government must step in to help 'desperate' Norwich hospital, says MP
- 6 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 7 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 8 'Disappointment' as thieves raid £16,000 of kit from town's sports club
- 9 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 10 Plea for farmers to engage with public over footpath fears
The work will be carried overnight and is expected to take six nights to complete, depending on the weather.
The council said access to businesses and properties will be maintained but there could be disruption.