Driver taken to hospital with ‘life-threatening’ injuries after two-vehicle crash on B1135 between Yaxham and Dereham
A 49-year-old man was taken to hospital this morning with life-threatening injuries after a head-on collision on the B1135 between Dereham and Yaxham this morning.
Police, firefighters from Dereham and Watton, paramedics and the East Anglian Air Ambulance (EAAA) were called to Dereham Road, in Yaxham, near Yaxham Waters holiday park at around 10.15am.
A police spokesman said a blue Ford Focus, travelling towards Dereham, and a silver Renault Traffic van, travelling towards Yaxham, were involved in the collision and the 49-year-old man who was driving the car was trapped.
The driver of the van, a man in his 50s, was uninjured.
An ambulance spokesman said the car driver was taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital with an open fracture to his right thigh as well as chest and pelvic injuries.
You may also want to watch:
She added that they were 'serious and traumatic injuries' and a spokesman from the EAAA said the injuries were 'life-threatening'.
A crew from the EAAA provided support in the land ambulance, which took him to hospital.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 3 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 4 Garage owner has five months to clear site or face jail
- 5 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
- 6 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 7 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 8 Firefighters ripping out thatch to stop house fire spreading
- 9 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 10 Safety review promised as cyclist killed in crash is named
The road was blocked for nearly four hours from the Cutthroat Lane junction, which joins the B1135 Dereham Road, in Yaxham, to the Westfield Lane junction, which joins the B1135 Yaxham Road, in Dereham.
Officers are keen to speak to anyone who may have witnessed the collision or seen either vehicle prior to the incident.
Witnesses should contact PC Chris Chambers at Norfolk Police on 101.