Driver suffers serious injuries in A1066 Brettenham crash
- Credit: James Bass
Norfolk police are appealing for witnesses after a crash at Brettenham on Wednesday left a driver with serious injuries.
The crash happened at about 11pm on the A1066 near to Nursery Lane when a red BMW 5 Series travelling from Diss towards Thetford left the roadside and collided with a tree.
The driver, a man in his 60s, suffered serious head injuries and was taken to Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge for treatment.
The road was closed while emergency services dealt with the incident and re-opened at 4.55am.
Officers are keen to hear from anyone who may have witnessed the incident or has information concerning the driving manner of the vehicle prior to the collision.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should contact the Serious Collision Investigation Team at Wymondham on 101.
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Norfolk hit by flooding as storms reach the county
- 3 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 4 Banham Poultry taken over by owner of Bernard Matthews and 2 Sisters
- 5 'A lovely talented man': Tributes to Cromer Pier Show headliner Phil Butler
- 6 Norwich man convicted of murder boasts of mutilating 'up to 30' cats
- 7 Patients speak out as surgeon who botched surgeries still working
- 8 Two people arrested during police operation in south Norfolk
- 9 Roadside restaurant aiming to re-open before Christmas
- 10 Land wanted by village sold to mystery buyer for £50,000 more