Driver suffers serious injuries in A1066 Brettenham crash
- Credit: James Bass
Norfolk police are appealing for witnesses after a crash at Brettenham on Wednesday left a driver with serious injuries.
The crash happened at about 11pm on the A1066 near to Nursery Lane when a red BMW 5 Series travelling from Diss towards Thetford left the roadside and collided with a tree.
The driver, a man in his 60s, suffered serious head injuries and was taken to Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge for treatment.
The road was closed while emergency services dealt with the incident and re-opened at 4.55am.
Officers are keen to hear from anyone who may have witnessed the incident or has information concerning the driving manner of the vehicle prior to the collision.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should contact the Serious Collision Investigation Team at Wymondham on 101.
- 1 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 2 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 3 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 4 Nine Norfolk flood alerts ahead of Storm Christoph
- 5 Man who died in west Norfolk crash named
- 6 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines
- 7 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 8 Delivery van towed from deep water on road closed due to flood risk
- 9 Going full term during this coronavirus pandemic fills me with absolute terror
- 10 Carer caught on CCTV letting dog scratch vulnerable pensioner