Driver stopped by police travelling at 102mph on A47
- Credit: Archant
A young driver has been stopped by police doing 102mph on the A47.
Norfolk and Suffolk Roads and Armed Policing Team tweeted on Thursday night to say they had stopped a 20-year-old driver travelling at 102mph between Hopton and Lowestoft.
Sergeant Chris Harris, from the team, said: 'Shocking speed and glad stopped by @NSRAPT before anything serious happened.
'Excess speed is a main factor in collisions resulting in death and serious injury.'
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 WATCH: Cars float on high tide in north Norfolk
- 3 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
- 4 RAF Marham Royal Navy sailor jailed for raping colleague while she slept
- 5 Teacher who supported hundreds of children through education dies aged 67
- 6 Sisters-in-law glowing after opening high street tanning salon
- 7 Farm shop owners 'absolutely thrilled' at national award
- 8 'Neighbours ran outside screaming' during street fight in Golden Triangle
- 9 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 10 'People are dying': Up to 500 patients waited for ambulance in one night