Driver so busy texting on the A47 he didn’t spot police car pull alongside him
- Credit: Archant
Some people can get a little engrossed in their mobiles. But this guy takes the biscuit.
For he was so intent on texting he didn't spot the police car pull alongside him.
One Norfolk and Suffolk roads policing officer tweeted: 'Trying to text while driving may help explain why this driver didn't notice #RCRT (road casualty reduction team) alongside today! #fatal4'
A spokesman later said the incident took place on the A47 on the Bascule Bridge at Lowestoft. The driver was issued with a TOR - or traffic offence report form.
Police can pull you over if they think you're not in control of your vehicle.
You may also want to watch:
Texting at the wheel can cost a bit more than the standard network rate for SMS.
Fines for using a mobile phone whilst driving doubled to £200 last week.
- 1 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 2 Fire crews rush to a crash near Norfolk village
- 3 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 4 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 5 Secluded Broads farmhouse in almost 11 acres goes up for sale
- 6 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 7 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 8 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’
- 9 Plans for seven new supermarkets in Norfolk - but where will they be?
- 10 Police called after elderly, sick seal attacked with stones
And offenders can also dial up six points on their licence, which might not go down too well with their insurers.