Driver seriously hurt in crash which shut road for four hours
- Credit: Google Street View
A driver was taken to hospital with serious injuries after his car crashed into a ditch, closing a road for four hours.
Police were called to the B1108 Norwich Road in Scoulton at just before 10.30pm on Thursday.
A BMW 3 series car had left the road and crashed into a ditch near the junction with Back Lane.
Fire crews from Attleborough, Wymondham and Watton went to the scene, along with an ambulance.
The road was shut for while emergency services dealt with the incident.
The man who was driving, who was the only occupant, was taken to hospital with serious injuries, although they were not life-threatening.
The road re-opened at just before 2.30am on Friday.
- 1 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 2 Air ambulance called after three people seriously injured in A47 crash
- 3 Should cars be banned from Norwich's steepest hill?
- 4 Seven Sprowston neighbours scoop £30,000 lottery win
- 5 Meet the man behind a morbid new craze
- 6 Car boot sale to return after five years with up to 200 pitches
- 7 Asteroid bigger than any building on Earth to be visible in Norfolk skies
- 8 A47 reopens after serious crash
- 9 Custom-built six-bedroom home with indoor slide on the market for £900,000
- 10 New operators take over at council-owned leisure centre