Driver’s shock after stone thrown at moving car in Diss
A young driver spoke of her shock after a stone was thrown at her car – smashing a window – while she drove on the main road through Diss.
Rozanna Goodwin said she was lucky not to be seriously injured after the piece of granite was hurled at her car as she travelled along Victoria Road in the early hours of Sunday morning.
The 19-year-old, who lives in Garboldisham, had picked up her sister and friends from a night out in Norwich when the driver's side window of her Ford Fiesta was smashed at about 2.30am near the junction of Skelton Road.
Police are appealing for information after the incident and the young driver is warning other motorists to be on their guard.
Miss Goodwin, who works as a nanny in the area, said she was driving home when the rock, which was about the size of a golf ball, smashed her window and struck her, causing her shoulder to swell up.
You may also want to watch:
The driver and her passengers were also showered with shards of glass.
She added that she did not see the offender and feared that they might strike again.
- 1 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 2 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 3 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 4 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 5 Holt Hall for sale after years of uncertainty
- 6 Christmas craft, food and gift fair returning to Norfolk estate
- 7 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 8 Man who died after a medical episode in Hopton identified
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Banham Zoo welcomes birth of two tiger cubs
'It is a really idiotic thing to do and it is lucky that it did not hit me in the face. Unfortunately, the people that did this will not be caught and it could happen again. It is lucky I'm young and I'd hate to see something like this happen to an older driver,' she said.
A spokesman for Norfolk police said they were called at 2.20am on Sunday after the car window was smashed in Victoria Road.
Anyone with information is asked to contact PC Jim Squires at Diss Safer Neighbourhood Team at the town's police station on 0845 4564567.