Driver named after fatal crash near Long Stratton
Police have named a 47-year-old man who died in a crash near Long Stratton at the weekend.
Police have today named a 47-year-old man who died in a crash near Long Stratton at the weekend.
Izak Nieuwoudt, of Great Moulton, died of his injuries when his silver Mazda MX5 collided with a bank and overturned on Stratton Road at Wacton.
The single vehicle crash happened just before 6pm on Saturday close to the junction with Buttle's Lane. Emergency services attended, including firefighters from Long Stratton and Harleston, but Mr Nieuwoudt was pronounced dead at the scene.
Officers from the Serious Collision Investigation Team at Norfolk Police are appealing for witnesses to come forward.
You may also want to watch:
Contact PC Keith Wiseman on 0845 456 4567.
- 1 New virus named after Norfolk village
- 2 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 3 Latitude labelled 'Covid fest' by health boss as staff forced to isolate
- 4 Holiday park bosses pay tribute to 'popular' worker murdered in Norfolk village
- 5 Banham Poultry evacuated in suspected chemical incident
- 6 No club record bid from City for Armstrong
- 7 Police child safety team raid house to arrest man
- 8 'Destination' fish and chip restaurant for sale
- 9 Eleven people taken to hospital after Banham Poultry chemical spill
- 10 Full-back signs for Burnley after Canaries release