Driver named after fatal crash near Long Stratton
Police have named a 47-year-old man who died in a crash near Long Stratton at the weekend.
Police have today named a 47-year-old man who died in a crash near Long Stratton at the weekend.
Izak Nieuwoudt, of Great Moulton, died of his injuries when his silver Mazda MX5 collided with a bank and overturned on Stratton Road at Wacton.
The single vehicle crash happened just before 6pm on Saturday close to the junction with Buttle's Lane. Emergency services attended, including firefighters from Long Stratton and Harleston, but Mr Nieuwoudt was pronounced dead at the scene.
Officers from the Serious Collision Investigation Team at Norfolk Police are appealing for witnesses to come forward.
You may also want to watch:
Contact PC Keith Wiseman on 0845 456 4567.
- 1 Road closed due to accident after car reportedly flips on to its roof
- 2 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 3 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 4 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 5 Person pulled from car as rain lashes region
- 6 Dad's heartache over daughter's suicide and his fight to help others
- 7 Rovers return? New landlords relaunch village pub with parties and Sunday lunches for dogs
- 8 Part of A47 closed due to crash
- 9 Police appeal for witnesses after pedestrian struck by car on A47
- 10 Club reopens after Covid cases among staff and customers