Driver in serious condition after colliding with tree near Bressingham
- Credit: Archant
A driver is in a serious condition after colliding with a tree on the A1066 near Bressingham this evening.
Emergency services are on scene and the road was closed as recovery vehicles attended the scene.
Jason Selvarajah, local policing inspector for South Norfolk Police, advised motorists to avoid the area.
He said the road was closed after a single vehicle left the carriageway and collided with a tree.
The sole occupant has sustained serious, but not life threatening injuries.
You may also want to watch:
Fire appliances from Diss and East Harling with assistance from Suffolk Fire also attended the collision, which occurred around 7.40pm.
Crews released one casualty who was trapped using hydraulic rescue equipment and provided trauma care and scene safety.
- 1 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 2 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 3 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 4 'I am heartbroken' - Woman's two cats killed by 'reckless' drivers
- 5 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 6 'Isolate from your household' plea as Covid soars in Norwich
- 7 Concern elderly people 'being ignored' as town has no vaccination centre
- 8 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 9 City Council withdraws support for £153m Western Link
- 10 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000