Driver escapes injury after car leaves road, rolls over several times, and comes to rest in Fenland field
- Credit: Archant
A driver escaped injury after losing control of his car as it left a Fenland road and rolled over several times.
Police say eye witnesses report the car – that they say was new- was driving within the speed limit when the crash happened.
A police spokesman said: 'The driver walked away practically unscathed.
'The photo of the wreck shows how lucky he was.'
The spokesman added: 'The car was brand new and perfectly roadworthy (before the crash!) and witnesses state he was driving well within the speed limit.'
You may also want to watch:
The officer who shared the crash photo on the Policing Wisbech Facebook page said: 'I've posted this across the entire Fenland area intentionally as the roads are equally as dangerous if you allow yourself to get too complacent.'
He said the message was quite simple: 'Drive safely'.
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 3 Roadside restaurant aiming to re-open before Christmas
- 4 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 5 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 6 Seal charity to take 'unprecendented' action to protect Norfolk seal colony
- 7 Two people arrested during police operation in south Norfolk
- 8 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
- 9 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 10 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
Witnesses say the car plunged into a field before rolling over several times.
One resident told police: 'The roads are so bumpy there. 'You have to be so careful, even when driving safely; you have to keep your wits about you.
'The speed limit should be lowered on some of the roads; you bounce all over the place.'
Wisbech town councillor (and taxi driver) Billy Rackley said: 'It's a shocking bit of road if you go over 40mph'.