Driver’s lucky escape after crashing car into river
- Credit: Archant
Police have issued a warning to drivers after a car crashed into a river.
Officers are urging motorists to drive to the conditions after a Nissan Micra went off the A1122 at Outwell in West Norfolk following heavy rain.
Police were called at 12.32pm on Monday by the driver, who was a single occupant and was able to escape the vehicle before officers arrived.
The driver, a women in her 20s, was not injured in the incident.
King's Lynn Police issued the warning on Twitter. It said: "Lots of rain is expected over the coming days in West Norfolk.
You may also want to watch:
"Please drive to the weather and road conditions accordingly. This driver has had a lucky escape in Outwell today."
- 1 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 2 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 3 Driver in hospital after BMW car ends up in ditch
- 4 9 pubs and restaurants which have had lockdown makeovers
- 5 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 6 Lorry driver admits causing deaths of two people in A47 crash
- 7 Hospital opens new £625,000 cancer wellbeing and support centre
- 8 Road cleared after three-vehicle collision on A47
- 9 Norfolk covid levels below national average but concerns raised about variants
- 10 Social distancing stops fish and chip shop's restaurant opening on May 17