Driver crashes into a dozen parked cars at Thorpe St Andrew gym
- Credit: Â©Archant Photographic 2010
A driver crashed his car into around a dozen parked cars in a gym car park after suffering a suspected seizure at the wheel.
Emergency services were called to the car park of Bannatyne Health Club and Spa in Northside Road, Thorpe St Andrew, at around 1.20pm yesterday.
An ambulance service spokesman said a man in his 40s had suffered a suspected seizure at the wheel but was conscious and breathing and had suffered no injuries.
He was taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital (N&N) for further tests.
The fire service had to cut the man free from his vehicle, with appliances from Earlham and Carrow attending.
A Norfolk police spokesman said a dozen cars were involved in the crash, but nobody was injured as nobody was in the parked cars.
The spokesman added that the first two cars involved in the collision were 'hit quite severely'.
- 1 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 2 Seven Sprowston neighbours scoop £30,000 lottery win
- 3 Should cars be banned from Norwich's steepest hill?
- 4 Pub landlord threatened to kill man he chased through streets with axe
- 5 Air ambulance called after three people seriously injured in A47 crash
- 6 Asteroid bigger than any building on Earth to be visible in Norfolk skies
- 7 What is this mystery tower that has sprung up in Norwich?
- 8 Car boot sale to return after five years with up to 200 pitches
- 9 Couple explores Norfolk homes in Escape to the Country
- 10 Council to sell land in 'Chelsea-on-Sea'