Driver in A47 crash had been dropping off Christmas presents
- Credit: Archant
A driver involved in a three-vehicle crash on the A47 this evening had been on his way to drop off Christmas presents.
Emergency services were called to the A47 at Scarning shortly before 2pm today, where there had been a serious collision.
One of those involved in the crash, a 20-year-old self-employed videographer who asked not be named, said: 'I was travelling from Norwich coming into Dereham to drop off some Christmas presents at home.'
But he said a crash between a Range Rover and a Peugeot happened in front of him, in what he described as a 'very serious accident'.
He added: 'My car had a lot of debris go all over it and the road was in a pretty bad state.
You may also want to watch:
'I gave a statement to the police but I'm unhurt.
'It's not a nice thing to see and my thoughts are with those who were worse affected.'
- 1 Missing man found by off-duty police officer
- 2 £5m roadworks on A47 cause delays - and months more to come
- 3 Man jailed for 24 years for raping and sexually assaulting two girls
- 4 Three Norfolk hotels named among the best for romance in the UK
- 5 Village rounds on council over 'disgraceful' road resurfacing that covered cycle lanes and blocked drains
- 6 Man charged after cannabis factory and 300 plants found above pizza takeaway
- 7 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 8 Road cleared after three-vehicle collision on A47
- 9 Early hours arrests as part of 'ongoing police investigation'
- 10 Pub boss struggling to recruit ahead of lockdown lifting
Diversions were place and the road was closed in both directions between junctions with the A1065 and A1075.
It reopened around 7pm.
There were long delays around Dereham and traffic was diverted along Yaxham Road and Drayton Hall Lane.
There were solid queues going into the town and there were reports of traffic taking more than hour to get in and out of the Tesco car park.
A lane of the A47 was also shut at North Burlingham at the South Walsham turning.
Did you witness the crash? Email email@example.com