Driver clocked at 105mph on A47 at Acle is charged by police with drink driving
- Credit: PA
Police have arrested and charged a driver for drink driving after he was stopped for driving 105mph on the A47 at Acle.
Sgt Chris Harris tweeted he stopped the driver for speeding and he was then tested for the amount of alcohol in his system.
The test found the driver was over the limit and he was later charged with drink driving on Saturday.
Sgt Harris said the driver had passed three police witness boards asking drivers for information following a crash that killed Jordon Watson, 19 and from Lakenham, on Saturday, May 13.
Sgt Harris, who tweeted about the offence at 10.06am on Saturday, said the speeding matter would be presented as part of the evidence to the court when the driver is prosecuted.
He said: 'Within 10 mins on patrol I stopped a driver travelling at 105mph #A47 Acle. Driver has been arrested on suspicion of drink driving.'
- 1 Meet the new team behind revamped village pub
- 2 Woman in 40s airlifted to hospital after suffering medical emergency
- 3 People are driving for hours to visit this loaded fries and doughnut kiosk
- 4 'Once in a lifetime catch' - man lands monster fish in Norfolk
- 5 Music-loving dad whose ashes were fired into festival crowd took own life
- 6 Obituary: Doctor, and son of Norwich's recycling empire founder, dies aged 69
- 7 One person taken to hospital after three-car crash on A47
- 8 Father accused of baby girl's murder 'had short fuse and made things up'
- 9 Holiday Inn to become 'care hotel' to help struggling hospitals
- 10 One of East Anglia's largest property builders is sold to investment firm