Driver clocked at 105mph on A47 at Acle is charged by police with drink driving
- Credit: PA
Police have arrested and charged a driver for drink driving after he was stopped for driving 105mph on the A47 at Acle.
Sgt Chris Harris tweeted he stopped the driver for speeding and he was then tested for the amount of alcohol in his system.
The test found the driver was over the limit and he was later charged with drink driving on Saturday.
Sgt Harris said the driver had passed three police witness boards asking drivers for information following a crash that killed Jordon Watson, 19 and from Lakenham, on Saturday, May 13.
Sgt Harris, who tweeted about the offence at 10.06am on Saturday, said the speeding matter would be presented as part of the evidence to the court when the driver is prosecuted.
You may also want to watch:
He said: 'Within 10 mins on patrol I stopped a driver travelling at 105mph #A47 Acle. Driver has been arrested on suspicion of drink driving.'
- 1 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 2 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 3 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
- 4 ‘I cried so much’ - Mum-of-four on impact of whole family having Covid
- 5 Norwich Debenhams looks doomed as Boohoo to buy brand
- 6 Bus crashes into lorry in Norwich
- 7 Body discovered in Thetford Forest Park
- 8 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 9 Cycling trail among ideas for new country park
- 10 Shock as cannabis factory found in quiet Broads' village