Driver caught undertaking at 100mph on A11
- Credit: Twitter/@NSRoadsPolicing
A driver was caught by police speeding at 100mph on the A11 on Monday while trying to undertake a vehicle.
After stopping the driver officers from Norfolk & Suffolk's Roads Policing & Firearms Operations Unit and the Road Casualty Reduction Team also found that the driver had no insurance after failing to notify the insurance company about the modifications to the vehicle.
Officers tweeted: 'Undertaking #A11 & 100mph gets you noticed. The warning lights are worrying, not declaring mods to insurance = no insurance.'
It comes after a 73-year-old woman was clocked doing 100mph on the A47 after taking part in a track day for her birthday.
It was a busy day for officers on the region's roads with a number of motorists caught without any tax and insurance. One was a father who was pulled over by police as he was taking his son to karate practise.
You may also want to watch:
Other offences spotted by officers included vehicles without the legal limit of tyre tread and a number of drug drivers.
- 1 Driver who died in A47 crash had medical episode
- 2 Plans to open McDonald's on outskirts of town in 2022
- 3 Chance to have your say over 4,000-home development
- 4 First look as Norwich's new £2.75m recycling centre opens
- 5 Birds of prey found shot and poisoned during raid in Norfolk
- 6 Reader letter: How Roy Hodgson can save Norwich City
- 7 Woman in 70s knocked over by cyclist at bus station
- 8 'Ugly' Norfolk pub fight was sparked by act of revenge, court hears
- 9 Norwich man found guilty of 33-year-old's murder
- 10 Home baker opens first shop after business 'snowballed' in lockdown