Driver caught going wrong way around roundabout while using his mobile phone
- Credit: Archant
A driver has been reported after being seen driving the wrong way around a roundabout in Lowestoft while using his mobile phone.
Officers from the Road Casualty Reduction Team spotted the car driving anti-clockwise around the junction at Victoria Road in Lowestoft around 10.30am this morning.
The driver was followed and issued a traffic report and two vehicle defect notices.
PC Mark Carter, of the road policing team, said: 'One of the Road Casualty Reduction Team officers witnessed this driving.
'On following it became obvious why as the driver, a male from Lowestoft was using their mobile phone whilst driving.
You may also want to watch:
'He was stopped and issued a traffic offence report for the moving traffic offences and two vehicle defect notices for faults on the vehicle.'
- 1 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 2 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 3 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 4 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 5 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 6 Norwich mum and daughter duo shed 12st
- 7 Christmas craft, food and gift fair returning to Norfolk estate
- 8 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 9 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 10 Former factory site to become a new church