‘It’s urgent, I need the overtime’ - what driver caught speeding at 98mph on A47 told police
- Credit: Archant
A speeding motorist caught doing almost 100mph on the A47 told police it was “urgent, I need the overtime.”
Police in King’s Lynn stopped the motorist on the A47 after he was clocked travelling at 98mph on Sunday night (November 15).
The driver reported for various offences.
Following the stop, King’s Lynn Police tweeted: “It’s urgent, I need the overtime” is not an excuse to drive erratically and in excess of 98mph on the A47 with lots of surface water putting other road users at risk. Driver stopped and reported for offences admitting he didn’t see the marked police vehicle. #Team1 #PC1122”.
Meanwhile, overnight police in Lynn arrested a motorist for drink driving following a crash on Main Road, Terrington St John.
You may also want to watch:
Police tweeted: “Team 1 attended a single vehicle RTC on Main Road, Terrington St John this evening. The driver was subsequently arrested for drink drive and provided a positive sample in custody. He will now be charged in the morning. ? #Fatal4 #Team1 #PC342/1821/425/1122”.
- 1 Jailed in Norfolk this week: a corrupt police officer and a domestic abuser
- 2 All the major Christmas events in Norfolk that can go ahead
- 3 Delay warnings ahead of abnormal load move
- 4 Road remains closed after serious crash on A143
- 5 Prime minister promises "February sunset" for coronavirus tiers
- 6 'There was a massive bang' - Fire outside Norwich coffee shop
- 7 Norwich water supply hit for second day running
- 8 Man in 70s dies in A143 crash
- 9 Drunk man arrested after driving into water-filled dike
- 10 Norfolk sees significant falls in Covid cases, figures show