Driver caught doing 92mph in a 50-zone on the A12 Gorleston by-pass
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press ©2004
A driver was caught doing 92mph in a 50-zone on the A12 Gorleston by-pass.
The motorist was travelling nearly twice the speed limit on the dual-carriageway.
Police from the Norfolk and Suffolk Safety Camera and Central Ticket Office said a notice will be sent to the owner to ascertain the driver, then the driver will go to court.
Great Yarmouth police said in a tweet that they thanked the roads team for their assistance.
You may also want to watch:
Dangers of speeding:
• Excess speed for the conditions, or the limit, is one of the main reasons for accidental deaths and injuries on our roads.
- 1 Seven fire engines called to blaze on housing estate
- 2 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 3 Pedestrian suffers life-threatening injuries in A47 crash
- 4 Person pulled from car as rain lashes region
- 5 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 6 ‘It went up like a matchstick’ - Neighbour’s horror at blaze
- 7 Man airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries after fight near pub
- 8 Fire crews still at scene as investigation launched into house blaze
- 9 Air ambulance called and A47 closed after incident
- 10 Jailed this week: Abuse, assaults and burglaries
• Speed limits are there to protect road users warning them of the dangers of the road and if caught speeding you could instantly face a • minimum of a £100 fixed penalty and three points on your licence or attend court.
• The Safety Camera Team operates across the county's road network to maintain the safety of Norfolk's road users.