Driven round the bend: Traffic light knocked down on busy Norwich road
- Credit: Archant
A traffic light has been knocked down at the junction between Bank Plain and Queen Street in Norwich.
The incident happened on this morning after a delivery driver had difficulty turning into Queen Street on his way to BrewDog bar.
The driver, from Foulger Transport, told an onlooker that he had difficulty turning due to a barrier that was in the way.
The traffic light was completely knocked down and the council was called.
A spokesperson for Norfolk County Council said: 'The traffic light was damaged at around 9.30am by a lorry.
You may also want to watch:
'We are now on-site making the scene safe and organising repairs.'
- 1 Driver who died in A47 crash had medical episode
- 2 Plans to open McDonald's on outskirts of town in 2022
- 3 Chance to have your say over 4,000-home development
- 4 First look as Norwich's new £2.75m recycling centre opens
- 5 Birds of prey found shot and poisoned during raid in Norfolk
- 6 Reader letter: How Roy Hodgson can save Norwich City
- 7 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 8 Woman in 70s knocked over by cyclist at bus station
- 9 'Ugly' Norfolk pub fight was sparked by act of revenge, court hears
- 10 Norwich man found guilty of 33-year-old's murder