Drink up please! Familiar face behind the bar at the Railway Tavern
- Credit: Paul Sandford
A reunion of punters of the Railway Tavern in Dereham from the 1980s was a great success with well over 100 people attending.
The event was organised by Kristine Edwards who used to be landlady at the Tavern and along with current landlord Paul Sandford they put out a call for all who remembered her and drank there during her tenancy to come along.
The pub was popular with bikers in those days and bikes used to be lined up along the roadside by the pub.
There was a similar scene on Saturday and Mrs Edwards even took a turn behind the bar for old time's sake.
Mr Sandford said the reunion had gone so well that Mrs Edwards decided to make it an annual event.
You may also want to watch:
The date of the next get together will be June 9, 2018, and all are welcome, both old friends and new.
- 1 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 2 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 3 Man charged after cannabis factory and 300 plants found above pizza takeaway
- 4 Road cleared after three-vehicle collision on A47
- 5 Early hours arrests as part of 'ongoing police investigation'
- 6 Man jailed for 24 years for raping and sexually assaulting two girls
- 7 £5m roadworks on A47 cause delays - and months more to come
- 8 Missing man found by off-duty police officer
- 9 9 pubs and restaurants which have had lockdown makeovers
- 10 Driver in hospital after BMW car ends up in ditch