WATCH: Dramatic drone footage shows magnitude of arson attack
- Credit: Archant
Dramatic drone footage of a 600 tonne straw fire shows the ferocity and size of the blaze.
The footage, shot by James Betts with a drone from above the fire, shows the burning haystack ablaze with thick black smoke billowing off the top.
Firefighters spent more than 15 hours at Watton Airfield after being called at around 4.45pm on Saturday, and didn't leave until nearly 8am on Sunday morning.
The fire was still burning when firefighters left, with the farmer left with a watching brief through Sunday.
Flames and smoke could be seen from villages nearby such as Griston and Carbrooke.
You may also want to watch:
Watton mayor, Tina Kiddell, said the fire was 'catastrophic' for the town.
She said: ''It is a lot of money and it is catastrophic for the farmers that this is happening. It is just awful.'
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 4 Shock for Tories as they lose overall control of council
- 5 Man jailed after abducting 14-year-old girl
- 6 Great-grandmother can't dance amid gallbladder operation complications
- 7 Woman left with bite wounds following dog attack
- 8 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 9 Gay and trans people targeted in hate incident at school
- 10 Driver arrested on suspicion of drink driving after crash in Lowestoft
She added it was 'alarming', and said she feared cutbacks would leave the town 'at the mercy of crime'.