Drama as windsurfer gets in to difficulties off Cromer beach
- Credit: Archant
A dramatic rescue was carried out by Cromer's inshore lifeboat after a windsurfer got in to difficulties.
A spokesman for Cromer RNLI said: 'A request was made to launch Cromer's inshore lifeboat at 1.45pm on Friday, August 18 to give assistance to a windsurfer in difficulties off the east beach.
'Initially the lifeguards on the east beach had seen the windsurfer waving after he had capsized. They alerted the UK Coastguard who in turn requested Cromer's lifeboat the George and Muriel be launched.
'The crew were very quickly on scene and after assessing the windsurfer didn't have any injuries, they took the person on board and went to the east beach to land them.
'By 2.30pm the George and Muriel had been cleaned down, refuelled and rehoused ready for its next call out.'
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Missing man found by off-duty police officer
- 2 £5m roadworks on A47 cause delays - and months more to come
- 3 Man jailed for 24 years for raping and sexually assaulting two girls
- 4 Three Norfolk hotels named among the best for romance in the UK
- 5 Village rounds on council over 'disgraceful' road resurfacing that covered cycle lanes and blocked drains
- 6 Man charged after cannabis factory and 300 plants found above pizza takeaway
- 7 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 8 Road cleared after three-vehicle collision on A47
- 9 Early hours arrests as part of 'ongoing police investigation'
- 10 Pub boss struggling to recruit ahead of lockdown lifting