DPD driver gets stuck on farmer’s field
- Credit: Archant
A delivery driver had to be rescued by a JCB after a wrong turn left him stuck in the mud.
Tracy Batt, who lives at the top of Thunder Hill in Martham, near Great Yarmouth, said a neighbour saw the DPD van take a wrong turning into a muddy field near Sandy Lane, known locally as the “Wongs”.
“It got stuck in the mud but couldn’t reverse - so just kept going”, Ms Batt said.
“We’ve lived here for eight years and I’ve never seen anything like that.
“People walk their dogs through it but there’s no vehicle access apart from tractors. It’s just farm land.
You may also want to watch:
“I didn’t speak to the driver personally so I’m not exactly sure what happened. All I know is he tried off-road driving in the wrong vehicle the wrong way.”
She added: “I never actually got my parcel in the end.”
- 1 PE teacher banned after getting drunk and showing her breasts at school prom
- 2 Would you know what to do if your car hit a deer?
- 3 Green light for new Tesco store in town centre
- 4 'Incredible' donation pays for expansion of Norfolk's largest ancient wood
- 5 What counts as a substantial meal under Norfolk's tier 2 pub rules?
- 6 Man arrested after woman suffers broken collar bone in row over mask
- 7 'It's nonsense': Shoppers react to Norfolk's Tier 2 announcement
- 8 Commuter trains halted as Norwich to London line blocked
- 9 New appeal as pregnant woman goes missing again
- 10 Several weeks into lockdown, Norfolk sees sharp decline in coronavirus infection rates