Dozens enjoy Sheringham carnival’s aquackic duck race
Dozen of spectators lined-up along a Sheringham river bank today (Friday) to quack-on toy ducks as part of the town's carnival aquackic duck race.
The event took place on the beck at the back of Beeston Common and saw around 600 yellow rubber ducks brave the swim to the finish line.
Sheringham carnival chairman Stuart McClean said it had been good to see members of the community getting involved with the event.
He said: 'It's a bit of harmless fun and nothing too complicated.
'We have already begun looking towards next year and how we can make the duck race even bigger - including asking people to take their ducks home before the event to decorate them.'
You may also want to watch:
Participants were also invited to wear fancy dress and the two winners of the race received �50, a sash and a trophy.
Mr McClean said the committee were also looking forward to Sunday's carnival parade.
- 1 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 2 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
- 3 Two city businesses on the move as mystery new tenant hovers
- 4 Norfolk cliffs fall man arrested on suspicion of murder released on bail
- 5 Police reopen road following earlier crash
- 6 'People didn't know I existed' - Shopkeeper thrilled with new store
- 7 Volunteer hit with £100 parking fee while collecting food for needy
- 8 Scams in Norfolk this week: Hermes texts and electricity boxes
- 9 Shoppers queue for revamped garden centre reopening
- 10 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries keen on Cherries ace
He said: 'We are hoping there will be around 50 floats altogether and we want to raise lots of money for next year's event.'
The carnival parade will start from Station Road car park at 4pm on Sunday August 5.
? To view more photos of the event click on the photo gallery link in the top right-hand corner.