Downton Abbey star set to star in Gorleston Pavilion pantomime
- Credit: PA
He played a footman in Downton Abbey who lost his life after serving in the trenches of the First World War.
And now Thomas Howes, who played the tragic William Mason, is gearing up for a pantomime set to bring laughs galore in Gorleston.
Mr Howes will be appearing in Cinderella at the Gorleston Pavilion in December and will be playing one of the ugly sisters, Valderma.
It will be the second time the actor has appeared in a pantomime at the venue as he performed there in 2008 playing Wishee Washee in Aladdin.
He starred in that show with Des Barrit and the pair will be renewing their comedy act as Mr Barrit, 72, will be playing the other ugly sister Germolena.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Barrit has been associated with the Gorleston Pavilion for many years, writing, producing and directing the theatre's pantomime.
He had cast Mr Howes for Aladdin.
- 1 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 2 Pretty thatched cafe business on Broads for sale for £75,000
- 3 Anger as woodland used as 'playground and dustbin'
- 4 Giant Victorian underground reservoir marks supplying city for 150 years
- 5 Report into woman's murder by jealous ex: 'Employers must do more'
- 6 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 7 Homes plan to be revealed for former infant school
- 8 First look at five new homes released for sale at popular site in Taverham
- 9 Former village pub for sale as home
- 10 Norwich City star tipped to reject move to Tottenham
In Downton Abbey Mr Howes's character was second footman and married his wife Daisy on his death bed after being mortally wounded.
Cinderella opens on Wednesday, December 6 and runs daily until Saturday, December 30.
For tickets call the box office on 01493 662832 or visit www.gorlestonpavilion.co.uk