Downton Abbey star set to star in Gorleston Pavilion pantomime
- Credit: PA
He played a footman in Downton Abbey who lost his life after serving in the trenches of the First World War.
And now Thomas Howes, who played the tragic William Mason, is gearing up for a pantomime set to bring laughs galore in Gorleston.
Mr Howes will be appearing in Cinderella at the Gorleston Pavilion in December and will be playing one of the ugly sisters, Valderma.
It will be the second time the actor has appeared in a pantomime at the venue as he performed there in 2008 playing Wishee Washee in Aladdin.
He starred in that show with Des Barrit and the pair will be renewing their comedy act as Mr Barrit, 72, will be playing the other ugly sister Germolena.
Mr Barrit has been associated with the Gorleston Pavilion for many years, writing, producing and directing the theatre's pantomime.
He had cast Mr Howes for Aladdin.
- 1 Case of Omicron Covid variant confirmed in north Norfolk
- 2 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 3 Norfolk college named best secondary school in the UK
- 4 Shocking footage appears to show £100m Marham jet crashing off carrier
- 5 Confusion as people in Norfolk mistakenly turn up for booster jab
- 6 Woman with scissors said she wanted to murder someone at supermarket
- 7 Man charged with drink driving after crash at police station
- 8 Waste carrier fined £1,900 after metal and containers found in woodland
- 9 6 ice rinks to visit in Norfolk and Suffolk this Christmas
- 10 Norfolk Labour website tells people not to vote for party
In Downton Abbey Mr Howes's character was second footman and married his wife Daisy on his death bed after being mortally wounded.
Cinderella opens on Wednesday, December 6 and runs daily until Saturday, December 30.
For tickets call the box office on 01493 662832 or visit www.gorlestonpavilion.co.uk