Tesco and Morrisons in meltdown during heatwave
- Credit: Archant
The appliances in Tesco and Morrisons in Downham Market suffered a meltdown following the 35C heatwave that hit the town on Thursday.
Tesco's freezer aisle was shutdown because the weather was affecting the cooling systems.
Shopper, William Hatton said: "It would be good if they could fix it as people need to get what they need but what can they do about it when it's so hot.
"The weather has been extraordinary and has come all at once, the electricity just can't cope.
"It's difficult so what can they do, the public will understand."
You may also want to watch:
The freezers are expected to be fixed later today.
A Tesco spokesperson said: "We have had problems with our refrigerators at our Downham Market store as a result of the high temperatures over the past few days and are working hard to get them back up and running as soon as possible.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 3 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 4 Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
- 5 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 6 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 7 Norwich Airport puts back a host of flights as Covid bites
- 8 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 9 Two women injured in serious crash which closed road
- 10 Police hunt for missing Beccles man
"We apologise to our customers for any inconvenience this has caused."
The town's Morrisons is also experiencing similar issues, with some of its fridges unable to be used.