Tesco and Morrisons in meltdown during heatwave
- Credit: Archant
The appliances in Tesco and Morrisons in Downham Market suffered a meltdown following the 35C heatwave that hit the town on Thursday.
Tesco's freezer aisle was shutdown because the weather was affecting the cooling systems.
Shopper, William Hatton said: "It would be good if they could fix it as people need to get what they need but what can they do about it when it's so hot.
"The weather has been extraordinary and has come all at once, the electricity just can't cope.
"It's difficult so what can they do, the public will understand."
You may also want to watch:
The freezers are expected to be fixed later today.
A Tesco spokesperson said: "We have had problems with our refrigerators at our Downham Market store as a result of the high temperatures over the past few days and are working hard to get them back up and running as soon as possible.
- 1 Town in mourning as nightclub owner who 'loved everybody' dies at 49
- 2 Road remains closed after serious crash on A143
- 3 All the major Christmas events in Norfolk that can go ahead
- 4 Person freed from vehicle after crash on A140
- 5 Jailed in Norfolk this week: a corrupt police officer and a domestic abuser
- 6 Water outages hit homes across city
- 7 'There was a massive bang' - Fire outside Norwich coffee shop
- 8 People released from car after crash closes road
- 9 'Gutted' - Thieves take BMW wheels leaving car on bricks
- 10 Man in 70s dies in A143 crash
"We apologise to our customers for any inconvenience this has caused."
The town's Morrisons is also experiencing similar issues, with some of its fridges unable to be used.