Men’s Shed plan for Downham Market
- Credit: Archant
Another town could soon have a men's shed, to help combat loneliness.
Downham Market Men's Shed has been meeting at the town's Eternity Church.
Now it is applying to build a meeting place in the grounds of the church, on Sovereign Way.
In a planning statement, it says: "The aim of men's sheds is to help combat loneliness, isolation and depression, particularly in
men who generally have poor social skills, by meeting in a workshop environment and making and repairing things.
You may also want to watch:
"The meeting room will be located on land adjacent to the Eternity Church. It will be made up of three modular units, supported on masonry piers off concrete pad foundations. It will be open plan
inside, with wheelchair accessible external doors and ramp from the path which will lead to the building from the rear of the church."
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 Hundreds more trees on route of Norwich NDR have died
- 3 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 4 Couple fined £400 for digging up 8,000 Norfolk bluebells
- 5 950-home bid takes step forward after £7m developer contribution agreed
- 6 'I remember shutting down' - Singer on cancer diagnosis at Norfolk hospital
- 7 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 8 Ford and Jaguar crash in second incident near village in same night
- 9 Woman left 'penniless' while waiting five weeks for first pension payment
- 10 Road closed after crash involving car and two tractors
It adds the building will not generate additional traffic because the group already meets at the church.